Ryan Seacrest Denies Sexual Harassment Allegation
American Idol and E! presenter, Ryan Seacrest has denied allegations of sexual harassment form his former stylist, Suzie Hardy, after she made her allegations public on Monday.
Ia article on Variety, Hardy alleges that the TV host claimed cupped her crotch, forcefully slapped her buttock and tightly grabbed her vagina. She also alleged that in 2013, her was fired after reporting to human resources executives about the abuses.
Last year, Seacrest publicly denied the accusations and that he had been cleared of any wrongdoing by an internal inquiry; "I have no choice but to again deny the claims against me."
In a statement he issued on Tuesday, he dismissed the article as a "salacious story". He also made allegations of his own saying "This person who has accused me of horrible things offered, on multiple occasions, to withdraw her claims if I paid her millions of dollars. I refused." Hardy's lawyers says calls the accusation by Seacrest untrue.
He added that he was "dismayed" that "Variety didn't speak with me or bother to speak with other credible witnesses or even ask for any of the evidence that was obtained during the investigation when offered but the magazines co-editor-in-chief Claudia Eller denied those claims via her twitter handle saying they had spent an "hour on the phone" with Seacrest's lawyer and publicist before publishing the article, but claimed they had "declined to make him available."
she also said "Seacrest's representatives claimed to have evidence discrediting the accuser, Suzie Hardy, but refused to provide that as well, citing legal restrictions.
E! has confirmed that this Sunday's coverage of the Oscars red carpet will be hosted by Seacrest as planned.