Former Governor Of Bauchi State Governor's Convoy attacked
Jan 14, 2020 Politics 1291 By Afam Jude Offor
According to reports, The immediate past governor of Bauchi state governor, Mohammed Abubakar, was embarrassed on Monday, January 12 at the premises of the Supreme Court, Abuja.
The former governor was at the apex court to hear the final judgment in an electoral case where he is challenging incumbent Bala Mohammed. Mohammed, a former FCT minister, defeated Abubakar in the 2019 governorship election in the northeast state As soon as he stepped out the court raising his hands to signal the popular ‘four plus four’ sign, Abubakar was reportedly was pelted with water bottles by persons believed to be supporters of his supporters. As the former governor was being whisked away by his security, the angry mob continued to chant “karya ne!” “Barawo!” Last year, Abubakar had boasted that he would reclaim his mandate through the courts. He stated this after the ruling of the state's governorship election tribunal on Tuesday, October 8, dismissing his case. “We are appealing the judgment. Already our lawyers have been instructed to file an appeal after studying it,” he told his supporters. Recall that Governor Mohammed had alleged that Abubakar spent a whopping sum of N2.3 billion to buy materials for burying dead bodies in the state. The governor made the allegation through his spokesperson, Dr. Ladan Salihu, in an interview with newsmen in Bauchi last year, stressing that the said funds were spent between January and May 2019.