Four killed after gunman opens fire in North California, 10 others injured
Nov 14, 2017 National 0 5992 By Collins Kelechi
- Four killed after gunman opens fire in North California, 10 others injured.
- 10 others including two children injured.
- U.S. Vice President Mike Pence says he is deeply sad to hear of the shooting.
At least four people have been confirmed killed in Northern California after a gunman started a shooting spree that went on to injure 10 others including two
U.S. Vice President Mike Pence has disclosed that he is deeply saddened by the event and commended the efforts of law enforcement to bring down the suspect.
“Deeply saddened to hear of the shooting in Northern California, the loss of life, including innocent children,” Vice President Mike Pence said on Twitter. “We commend the effort of courageous law enforcement. We’ll continue to monitor the situation & provide federal support, as we pray for comfort & healing for all impacted.”
Tehama County Assistant Sheriff Phil Johnston said at a press conference that the shooter, who was not identified by law enforcement, had been armed with a semi-automatic rifle and two handguns
A parent, Coy Ferreira, said he was dropping off his daughter at the elementary school when he heard gunfire.
“One of the teachers came running out of the building and told us to all run inside because there was a shooter coming,” Ferreira told Redding, California, television station KRCR.
“So we all hurried up and ran and told the students to get in the classrooms.”
Write a comment ...