FG Lifts Ban on Post-UTME Exams, urges Universities to make cost affordable
Aug 17, 2017 Education 0 1596 By Abdulkerimu Oare
- Federal Government lifts ban on Post-UTME exams.
- Urges Universities to make the fees affordable so as not to make it a burden to parents.
- Minister of Education expresses confidence in the new JAMB management.
- JAMB raises N5 Billion compared to max N200 million in past years.
The Ministry of Education has announced that the ban on Post-UTME exams which universities
normally conducted after potential students had already taken the government's UTME exams has been lifted with immediate effect.
This news means that Candidates who wrote the last JAMB UTME may be required by universities to write their Post-UTME.
The Minister of Education Mr Adamu Adamu also used the opportunity to express his confidence in the exams conducted by JAMB and also the new JAMB management.
He said â€œWe are going to allow universities to organise post-UTME if they want.
â€œWe have asked them not to impose huge financial burden on the parents. The burden should not be more than what they can bear.â€Adamu said that the Federal Government had stopped the scrapping of the examination to fully understand what was going on in universities, adding: â€œWe are now wiser.â€
The minister, who expressed confidence in the examination conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), said the management of JAMB had remitted N5 billion to the Federal Government coffers, which happens to be the highest so far in the last 40 years of the boardâ€™s existence.
He said: â€œSince JAMB was established more than 40 years ago, the total amount it has given government was N200 million, but in one year, Prof. Ishaq Oloyede has remitted N5 billion to government.
â€œThe new JAMB registrar has been correcting many anomalies in the board. Within a year, he has been able to stop all the untold things that were happening there.
Write a comment ...